Saturday, July 30, 2011

Typing Practice

You know what happens when you give your blog a theme? You go a whole month without bloggin anything and then decide to forget the theme and just type whatever comes to mind. This whole theme or no theme thing reminds me of another expirience in my life. I was once asked to describe myself with one word. I thought for what felt like several minutes. Many words came to mind, some complementary, some not, but I couldn't pick just one word to describe everything about me, so I went with an honest answer; I am indecisive. Of course, a better answer would've been Complex, but then again, who isn't complex? Honest would've been a good answer; and it's an honest evaluation, so it virtually would have validated itself.

But I don't want to talk about myself right now. Maybe I should talk about stuff I've done instead. I've got an interesting story that I think is worth sharing. See, I was volunteering at the Bishop's Storehouse yesterday, I rode my bike to get there, and when the work was done, I decided to ride my bike along the river. I knew what general direction it was in, so I went that way. Eventually, I found it and I rode along it for a little while, but after a certain point, the pavement stopped, but I kept going, across gravel. A flat tire later, I decided that I had made a bad decision. That was about noontime. I knew which general direction to head in to get home, and I soon found territory that was familiar enough to chart a direct route home. It wasn't all that hard. It was, however, very long. My bike's tire went flat at noon. I got home sunburnt and thirsty at three O'clock. What was meant to be a mid-morning outing turned into an all-day adventure. But it had it's perks. When my tires went flat, I went straight south through the downtown area, and I happened to pass right through Capitol Square on my way back. I saw cops on horses. As I walked through a residential area, a nice man gave me some water to help me on my way. I found out that I was capable of walking for three hours straight in the middle of summer without asking 'why is this happening to me?' I learned that Aloe Vera is good to use, even if it is slimy and goopy. It was good excersize for both body and spirit. I would do it again.

I gave myself a haircut today. I'm glad I got the right equipment and learned how to use it when I did. I like keeping my hair short now, so it saves a lot of time, money and hassle for me to be able to cut my own hair. By keeping my hair short and running a glob of gel through it, I'm able to make my hair look sharp ... because it is. And prickly, like a hedgehog. But I like this style. I think it looks really good. It's fun, yet it can be professional. And it's really easy to maintain.

A day has two sets of Twelve hours in it. A year has a set of Twelve months. An hour has Sixty minutes in it. A month has, at most, only Thirty-One days. If you were born on May 22nd, your birthdate would be 5-22. The number 5:22 can be seen twice a day on a digital clock, once early in the morning, and once in the late afternoon. If your birthdate is December 1st, you can see your birthdate right after noon and/or right after midnight. Even if you were born in March, you can still see your birthdate at least once per day, in the afternoon. The really lucky people were born between June and October. They get to, conveniently, see their birthdate-minute twice! I think my Mom is one of those people.

I think I'm rambling now. Actually, I think I've been rambling since the first paragraph.

This laptop is crazy. When I type, my right hand brushes the touchpad, so the mouse moves when I type. That wouldn't be so bad, but sometimes the computer thinks I clicked the mouse when I really didn't mean to, so the words I type end up somewhere other than where I typed them. It's a pain to fix that.

I don't know how, but I just accidentally highlighted the whole post. Good thing I didn't type anything just then! Maybe I should publish this post before the crazy laptop deletes it.

By the way, please don't get me wrong. I'm grateful that I get to use this laptop. If I didn't have this laptop available to use, I probably wouldn't be blogging right now. I know I should blog regularly, but I don't. At least I blog occasionally. That's worth something. I take my pescription acne medications regularly, as directed, for what it's worth. And I think they're working, too. My face looks better than it used to, and there are no noticeable side effects. It's good stuff.

I really like Joe's belt. It's a good-looking belt. I love my belt, too. They're both good.

I hear the gate. Maybe that's Mom. Or it could be Ben, maybe. I wonder...

I would say that I can't cook. There are only a few things I know how to cook. Some of those things, we don't have. Some of those things, my family wouldn't eat even if we had it. They should try it, though. It's pretty good. And it's cheap! I would have it more often, but we ran out of the ingredients and we haven't bought more yet. Plus, it's a warm food, and this is a warm place in the summer. Now is not the best time to try the Proctor Place Special. Wait for a colder day. Maybe a rainy or snowy day. But try it. It's really good.

I feel like Sam I Am.

Highlighted the whole post again. Second warning. Time to publish.

2 comments:

Sariah said...

Sounds like you had an adventure!

I sometimes see 7:12 and think, "Yay, it's my birthday! (Did I get presents?) lol" But ALWAYS when I see 10:03, I tell (or text) Ryan "Happy Anniversary!" He does the same for me. I'll get a phone call mid-morning and it's just Ryan calling to say Happy Anniversary... it's sweet. :)

I like sharp haircuts, and it's great that you can cut your own! I wish Ryan could cut his - or that I could. I tried to learn once... I do not have that talent. ;)

Same thing happens to me when I use a laptop. I imagine you get used to it, but I often mess up what I'm working on. Frustrating. :S

Whenever I hear the gate, it's my neighbors coming through the backyard. :)

What is the Proctor Place Special?

Andrew Robarts said...

The Proctor Place Special is a tomato soup with noodles and special seasoning. It's very good on its own, or with saltine crackers.