Thursday, March 13, 2014

Tough Love

Has Procter and Gamble always made such good commercials, or is it just an Olympics thing?

When I first saw what you're about to see, I didn't think it really applied to moms as well as it applies to God and the form His love for us most often takes.





Just like the two videos I shared in my February 8 blog post, Commercial Inspiration, the message is about the same. God lets us struggle and He lets us fail, because He knows that struggling is how we become strong. Even though He loves us enough to want to protect us, He loves us enough to do what's best for us anyway. He gave us our freedom because He was strong enough to watch us make bad choices and learn from the consequences. That's how we gain wisdom. There are less painful ways to gain wisdom, by listening to wise people or learning from the mistakes of others, but ironically, we're usually not wise enough to. We often need to make our own mistakes, and God lets us. Someday, I'm going to be grateful that God loves me enough to let me make mistakes and learn from them, but for now I'm afraid I'm not quite that wise. Nor am I yet strong enough to stop making mistakes. But I'll get there. At least, that's the plan.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

It's good to be a man with a plan. Stick with the plan ! :)