Monday, October 5, 2009

Dear Home - October 5, 2009

After a slight computer malfunction and sending perhaps a few too many personal Emails, I now have only 15 minutes to write to the rest of you. Clearly, I need to budget my Email time more wisely.

Wasn't General Conference the greatest??? It was amazing! =D SO MANY good messages! SO good. I especially loved the talk about saving spiritual lives  Jeffery R Holland's talk about the Book of Mormon (He has such a powerful testimony!), and (Who was it? I didn't bring my notes.) the talk about the ultimate heart transplant and how we can make sure the surgery is successful. I feel like so many of those talks were intended directly for me, but I'm sure that's how everyone feels if they're really listening. I love General Conference. ^^

I also love ice cream. The tradition lives! And it will continue. ^^ I bought a few things this time that I probably won't buy next time, like brownie mix and marshmallow cream, but all in all, the entire weekend was thoughroughly excellent. ^^ I can't wait 'til April. ^^

By the way, in just a few weeks, I'll have been on my mission for 6 months! My mission will have been a quarter over by then. It doesn't seem like it's been that long. I didn't realize I'd be hitting a milestone so soon. Which somehow reminds me, I love inukshuks.

Well, time's up. Hopefully I'll be able to devote more time to my neglected blog next week.
Love, Your Richly Blessed Missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts.
PS, If you think of my raincoat as the Armor of God, my umbrella would be the Sheild of Faith, wherewith ye shall quench all the [watery] darts of the Adversary. Which Shield truly is 'above all'. See Ephesians 4 (or somewhere around there. =P)
 
~~~~~~
from Mom -in case you, like me are unfamiliar with the word "inukshuk": An "inukshuk" is an Inuit word which means "stone man that points the way." Inukshuks are stone cairns that were erected by Inuit at various places throughout the barrens to serve as guideposts. These lifelike figures are commonly found along Canada's northern shores.
 
Benjamin - is there another inukshik to which Andrew refers?
~~~~~~~
Andrew responding to Mom's concerns about winter wear:
 
Thank you for your concern and your advice. We went to look at coats last week, so I could compare prices and make sure I get what I need when it comes time to buy, but it's been such a long summer that we haven't needed winter clothes yet. So far my jacket has been more than enough to keep me warm, so I don't need to buy anything yet. I'll do some more window shopping today, and I'll probably buy the clothes I need next week. But for now, what I have is all I need.
Elder George has been very helpful in making sure I get the right equipment from the right store, and the Lord has been helping me, too, so I know I'm in good hands. ^^ Thanks for thinking of me, but you don't need to worry. Your prayers are being answered. ^^
Your comfortably warm missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

No comments: