Saturday, November 11, 2017

Turn to God Sooner Rather Than Later

I often find myself sitting by my computer late at night, wondering what to blog about. Sometimes, like yesterday, I already have an idea, and I'm able to blog quickly, but other times, like tonight, I end up racking my brain for any blogworthy thought I can find. In these moments of desperation, I often turn to God for inspiration, and the answer that I got from Him tonight is that I should have turned to Him sooner.

I'm sure that several blogworthy things happened today. I had many conversations and experiences, any one of which could have inspired a blog post; I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to pick up on the inspiration God had tried to give me earlier.

Tomorrow morning, as part of my daily personal prayer, I'm going to ask God for the wisdom to see the inspiration He puts in front of me. I know it's there. God is always trying to teach us. I just need the wisdom to see it.

But tomorrow morning is too late for today, so the message that I want to leave with you today is that we shouldn't wait until the last minute to ask for God's help. We shouldn't wait for things to go wrong before we turn to Him, especially because, if we turn to Him early enough and follow His directions, fewer things will go wrong.

I missed several opportunities to be inspired today because I turned to God for inspiration too late. I won't make that mistake tomorrow, and I hope you won't either.

No comments: