Friday, December 29, 2017

Duties Delayed

I'm still sick, and while I still think that this illness isn't permanent, its longevity has some troubling implications for the near future. I may need to change some of my immediate plans. I have already contacted my primary co-teacher to let him know that he may need to cover this Sunday's lesson for me if I'm not well enough to come to church. I also need to contact the jury office to let them know that my jury service may need to be delayed. My General Conference talk blog post might be delayed as well.

Thankfully, all of these things, plus the things I had planned to get done over the last few days, are flexible. My laundry situation isn't desperate yet, taking my bike to the shop isn't urgent, and Miriam and I can prune the apple tree any time we both feel up to it. I'm lucky that I'm between semesters right now, so very few of my obligations are time-sensitive. I hope to be back to my old self again shortly, so I can do all the things I've been planning to do, but I'm thankful that, in the meantime, most of those things can wait.

No comments: