Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Oh, What Joy!

Alma 36:20 And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!

One thing I love about the Gospel is its focus on happiness and joy. We read in the Book of Mormon that "Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy" (2 Nephi 2:25), and our founder, the Prophet Joseph Smith taught that "Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it." The Gospel is that path, and the end of that path (in terms of both destination and purpose) is happiness. God intends for us to find joy and happiness, and the Gospel is His instructions for how best to do that.

I love the Gospel. I love the joy that it brings into my life, and I love the happiness I've felt as I've lived in harmony with the Gospel. I have experienced the kind of joy Alma described, and it felt wonderful. I hope that I can continually renew that joy and happiness, and I hope that others will be able to experience it as well. The joy of the Gospel feels incredible. No wonder God wants us to share it.

No comments: