Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The grid system here is great! ^^ - June 24

-- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrew Robarts <ElderRobarts@myldsmail.net>
Date: Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 10:13 AM
Subject: The grid system here is great! ^^
To: motherof8robarts@gmail.com


Dear Elder Robarts Fan Club (Maybe I'll just stick with 'Home'),

Guess what the new P-Day Email time is! HINT: It's earlier than it
used to be. =P

Last P-Day, the whole district got together and had a District picnic
under Victria Bridge (South end, I believe). It was wonderful. ^^ We
all ate Subway while sitting on some rocks, and I think I got some
pretty good pictures of the river.

By the way, I once again underestimated how busy P-days are,
especially when they include lots of packing and driving to another
town, so I failed to fulfil my promise to write home. I also want to
appologize for the lack of pictures taken durring my first transfer.
I've got a few, but not nearly enough. =( I'm trying to do better this
transfer. And I know you're probably tired of hearing me promise to
send letters home, and I'm tired of failing to keep my promises, so
all I can really promise you is that I'll do my best to get at least
SOMETHING in the mail today, even if it's not very long or doesn't
include pictures.

Other than that, my mission has been great so far! I love PA. The
people here are so nice. ^^ The ward is tiny, but the members are
truely Latter-Day SAINTS, and Elder Taylor and I have many wonderful,
inspiring investigators, including Kevin, who is VERY ready to be
baptized. All that's left to do is to work out the details, like who's
preforming the baptism and who's saying the prayers. Kevin knows a lot
about the gospel, and is very willing to live it. He isn't even
worried about sharring the Gospel with his family while they're
visiting him this week.

Our apartment is pretty nice, too. It has two levels. The lower one is
for sleeping, excercizing, doing laundry (We have our own laundry
fascilities!), and using the other fascilities. The upper level is for
studying and eating. We even have a balcony that overlooks our parking
space (We've got a car again. Which makes sense since we're taking
care of the whole city.), the back alley that we use to get to our
parking space, and the horse racing track on the other side of the
alley.

And if Mom and Kelsey didn't get super excited when they read that
just now, I'm a little disappointed. =P I love it, too. There haven't
been any races yet (and there probably won't be), but I'll definately
send you pictures of the track if I send you any pictures at all.

Well, I've got to go now. Elder Taylor has been writing in his
notebook for a while, which I take to mean that he's long since beeing
done on the computer. I love you all, and I can't wait to hear from
you all next week. -hugs everyone-

Love, your Prince Albertan Missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts.

No comments: