Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dear Home - October 13, 2009

You mean to tell me that I ask you quiz questions and forget to tell you the answers? D= Shame on me! The mystery meat was venison, deer sausage, so congrats to Miriam for guessing it right. As for the sugar cookies, I still haven't printed that picture yet. I'll get on it, though.


In the way of news, though, Happy Thanksgiving!! Or Columbus Day, if you happen to still live in USA. Elder George and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. Mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, and cornbread. What's even more amazing is that Elder George made it all himself, which prooves two things. One, he's a very good cook, and Two, he was selfish for not letting me help. -_- Shame on Elder George.

The second most exciting thing that's happened recently (actually, it's THE most exciting thing. I'm just mentioning it second) is that it's been snowing!!! =D I never imagined how pretty snow would be to live in. ^^ Of course, this meant that I had to buy winter gear a little sooner than I expected, but, despite getting the perfect winter clothes for me (nice and warm. ^^), I also spent a lot less than I was planning to. I'd explain my purchases in detail, but I don't have enough time. =(

Wanna know something else exciting that's happened? ^^ I got the best package I've ever recieved over my entire mission so far. =D And I love my Mom. O=) She sent me lots of mini Hershey's candies (CHOCOLATE!!!), fun halloween-themed things, like jack-o-lanturn bubble stuff, and THE most AMAZING tie EVER!!! It's SO good, I can't even wear it! Missionaries must be dignified, but if it wasn't for that rule, I would be SO EXCITED about wearing my new, flamingly wonderful tie. And since most of you probably haven't seen it, I'll have to take a picture of it. Yes, it's /that/ good.

In the manner of last-minute additional news, I wouldn't recomend eating at a certain Chinese Buffet. To anyone. Of course, to be fair, I had eaten a big lunch just a few hours previous to having dinner at the buffet, and at the buffet, I ate too much, but the food wasn't too great, and for some reason, everything was funny, meaning that I has laughing too hard on a full stomache, so of course I threw up. But, you know, if it was just that, I wouldn't be complaining about it. However, that fact that I suddenly came down with a BAAAD case of diarea while tracting a few nights ago meant that I just HAD to say something to you. That's probably the kind of random, but interesting thing you hope to read whenever you look at my blog. I'll try and keep the interesting tidbits coming, though I hope not to have to repeat that sort of thing, just to have something to write about.

Anyway, time's up, so I'll be going now.

Your Warm and Well-Fed Missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

3 comments:

motherof8 said...

Note to Elder Robarts’ loyal readers and potential package senders –
The package about which he got so excited was the smallest flat-rate parcel (about the size of a cassette tape) which cost about $11 or $12 to mail US to Canada. The goodies he mentions – bubbles in a pumpkin shaped bottle, Halloween tablecloth and napkins, and the tie he raves about – all came from the 99Cent store. (Not the Hershey chocolates. They came out of a larger bag. We kept some for home.) The point is – fun packages don’t have to be outrageously expensive. (Although, the American-Thanksgiving-in-a-box is going to be a bit more - probably in the $26 box.)

Sariah said...

Another note to readers: Definitely use the priority flat rate boxes when you send anything over 4 pounds. Learned that one the hard way last week. :S But since most of the stuff in the package didn't cost much, it's all good. lol

motherof8 said...

I realize I was unclear. - the package was the size of a video cassette tape - remember VCRs? - NOT an audio cassette which is way small. ; )