Monday, January 11, 2010

01/11/10

Dear Home,


Maybe I should stop asking you guessing-game like trivia questions.  But then again, if we stop doing the trivia thing, then I don't have to keep thinking of questions. And it would save me Email time anyway. But in case anyone was wondering, the game the Andresons invited us to play was Settlers of Katan. ((Note to Ben: By the way, Sister Anderson is planning on starting the Mistborn series pretty soon. Apparently she likes fantasy books. ^^ Small world, hey?))
In more important news, it's WEEK 5! That means that next week we'll be getting our transfer call, the call that tells us whether we're staying or whether we're going, and until then, I won't know where I'll be for the next month and a half. I hope we're both staying here. I'm probably staying, but Elder Grimshaw has been serving in this District (in this half of Saskatoon) for 6 months. That's a LONG time for a missionary to stay in an area. Still, I feel like the friendship Elder Grimshaw have developed has been short-lived compared to how long it took us to become friends. At least I can be confident that God knows what He's doing, no matter where He inspires President Paulson to send us.

In the meantime, we saw the Olympic Flame!!! It happened to be traveling through Saskatoon on a P-Day (today), and we got to go see it! We were too late to see it enter the park that we were in, but we got a picture with the person that brought it there, then we got pictures of the person who's running it to the next place. We actually got pictures of the flaming Olympic Torch in motion! THAT was fun!

A recent occurrence that's not quite as exciting, but worth mentioning is that the ward I'm serving in has gotten a new Ward Mission Leader. His name is Brother Steed, and he's REALLY excited about the work! Even better, he has a deep interest in our investigators, and he has great ideas of how we can get the regular members involved and excited about the missionary work in their ward. I can /definitely/ see this ward going places with Brother Steed's inspiring enthusiasm leading the work. I hope I stay in this area a little longer. It'll be amazing to see the changes that are taking place.

I'm so excited about missionary work. I've been having my ups and downs lately, but I /know/ that God has been blessing me, especially through other people, like Elder Grimshaw and Brother Steed. I love having the opportunity to serve the Lord and other people. It's been an amazing and very rewarding experience, and it's only 3/8ths over! I can't wait to see how much I've changed by the end of all this. I know it'll be an incredible change for the better. All of our experiences on Earth are designed to help us learn and grow, and I am SO grateful to have such a powerful experience as serving a mission to learn from. I'm going to have so many wonderful memories by the time I go home. If you ever get the chance, I would STRONGLY encourage you to serve a mission. You will learn so much about yourself and about the Lord, and the experiences that you have on your mission will bless you forever, at least, I've got a feeling that my mission is having that kind of effect on me.

I love you much and I'll write again next week!

Your Enriched Missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

No comments: