Monday, January 4, 2010

January 4, 2010 - testimony of love

Dear Home,


I don't know what card game you're guessing about, but if I mentioned a card game arround Christmastime, I was probably referring to 'Bang!'. It's too complicated to try and explain with my limited computer time, but if you can find it, I recomend getting a copy. It's pretty fun. ^^

The giant inflatable thing was not a giant Santa. It was a jousting game. There were four foam platforms in the middle on an inflated landing area. The object of the game is to knock the other players off of their platforms by hitting them with long, foam sticks. There were several minor injuries, mostly bruises, but they're all healed now.

And the question: What did I recieve from the Wanners and leave in the home of the Andersons? A box of chocolate-covered cherries. They're okay... but I had a feeling that a woman like Sister Anderson would appreciate them more than I would. And she did! Except that we're all getting 'chocolated out' (Note to Mom: Yes, surprisingly, it /is/ possible to have too much chocolate. Most of it is MILK chocolate, though, so that might explain things.)

Today, for our P-Day activity, we went Bowling. So much for playing Basketball all the time! I got beaten pretty badly. It's MUCH easier on the Wii.

But in more exciting news, I got a package from Dad! It was a late Christmas present. ((I am SO lucky that I have such a large and loving family. I feel really privileged, especially this Christmas. Thanks so much to everyone who has given me something this year. ^^

But nothing I've recieved this year can compare in value to the Spirit I've felt these last few months. I know God's watching over me. He cares about me. He loves me, and He wants me to succeed in life. I'm so grateful to know that. I wish that everyone knew how much God loves them. The world would be a MUCH hapier place if everyone saw themselves the way God, our perfect, loving, Heavenly Father saw them. I wish everyone knew all that I know about the Spirit of God, the Holy Ghost. I wish everyone could recognise when they feel His pressence, and know what it means when He's around.

Yesterday, durring testimony meeting, one young man related an experience he had on a youth hiking trip. One of the leaders invited the boys to ask a certain question in their minds while they hiked back down the mountain. The question was: Does Heavenly Father really love us? When I heard the young man say that, my soul filled up, almost so much that I thought it would burst, and I /knew/ that Heavenly Father loves us, all of us, especially each of us, as individuals. I knew that God loves me. I felt a portion of His love inside me. I can hardly describe the way I felt. I just knew. And I still know. For a fact, I KNOW that God loves me. And I wouldn't trade that knowledge for anything in the world.

I wish that everyone knew how much God loves them. I felt a little piece of God's love yesterday, and until then, I barely understood. I still don't fully understand how much God loves me. There's a story that I'd like to share with you, but I'll have to share it later. I'm out of time.

Have a great year. Stay close to God. Try to feel His love for you, and express your love for Him. Read the scriptures. Say your prayers. Notice the good things in your life. Be happy.

Much love, Elder Andrew Robarts

1 comment:

Miriam said...

It was in your last letter (Dec. 28th), "Later that evening, we went to the Andresons (more members) who fed us turkey dinner and challenged us to a game of ____________(You have to guess. It's similar to the last game that I played in California, but that's probably more of a dead givaway than a hint)."
You told us to guess...

I have seen that kind of jousting game at places that have pits of plastic balls and things to jump & climb on. Sounds like fun!

I'm not a big fan of chocolate covered cherries either. I would like them better if they were just fresh cherries dipped in chocolate, instead of that super sweet filling. I agree, dark chocolate is better!

Yeah, I think pretty much any game is eaiser on the Wii. haha :)We've been playing on the Wii a lot lately, especially the new game they got for Christmas, Super Mario Brothers. It's really fun, because four people can play together on a team.

We are proud of you for being a good missionary. We know you are working hard and you have a good attitude. Thanks for sharing your testimony. I can feel the Spirit when I read your letters.

We miss you & love you!