Monday, December 20, 2010

December 20, 2010

Dear Home,

How's the weather in California? Here in Regina, the weather is cold, sometimes breezy, and buried in snow. It's not TOO much fun, especially since missionaries don't get to go skating or sledding or building snowmen. Well, I guess we could build a snowman on Christmas, but I'd rather spend the day inside. =P We'll be with good people and having a good time, so it's something to look forward to. ^^

Also somewhat related to Christmas, I plan on calling home at around 4pm Saskatchewan time on Christmas. You'll have to figure out what time that'll be for you and see if it'll work out. I already told Mom our cell phone number, just in case ya'll need a change in plans, but I think that 4 my time will work out for all of us, based off of what I've been told.

In other news, last week I warned you that we would be getting our transfer calls last weekend. We did. Both Elder Higginson and I are staying in the area. Elder Higginson thought that he was going to be transferred to Winnipeg. I hope he's not too disappointed. I think he's really needed here. He's been doing lots of work with less-active members of the ward, and I've been getting into it as well. There are quite a few less-active members that we've been helping to become more active, and a lot of them were at church this past Sunday, including at least three members who probably hadn't been to a Sacrament meeting in years. It's so good to see them coming to church again, and I think it's really helping the ward, too, to see many of their old friends coming back. It's a good way to help the ward catch the spirit of missionary work. It's exciting. =)

I'm really looking forward to Christmas, but, unfortunately, my Emailing time is up, so instead of telling you why I'm looking forward to Christmas this week, I'll tell you why I enjoyed Christmas next week. =)

'Till then, have a great week and happy holidays!

Love, your caroling missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

2 comments:

Spencer and Jessica said...

That's one thing I don't miss is those Regina winters...brrrrr

Miriam said...

We are looking forward to talking with you, too!

That's good that you both get to stay in your area. It sounds like you are doing a great job. It is wonderful that you can help people come back to church.