Tuesday, December 7, 2010

December 6, 2010

Dear Home,

I love Christmas. ^^ Especially the music. =) The Christmas lights are wonderful, too.

We recently had the privilege of attending a few Christmas parties. The first one was for all the missionaries in Saskatchewan. We heard some inspiring messages and some inspired counsel, and then we played Christmas songs with specially-tuned bells, ate- a lot- and watched 'It's a Wonderful Life'. I was surprised and shocked at how much kissing there was in that movie. I probably only noticed that because I'm a missionary and missionaries don't kiss. Not 'till we get home, anyway. =P

Right after the missionary Christmas party in Saskatoon, we traveled back down to Regina and caught the tail end of the Wascana Ward Christmas party. Mostly we got the Putting Stuff Away, After-Party-Socializing, and Going Home With Many Big Ziplock Bags Full of Leftovers part of the party. There was a new Filipino family there, and the next day, they attended church for the very first time. =D They're a really great family, and they love the members of this ward, mostly because the members were so friendly at the party. There are quite a few members in this ward who speak their language (I know of at least 3 or 4 by name), so that helped things to go smoothly. I look forward to teaching that family soon and bringing them into the fold of God. They're practically in the fold already! All they need now is to be taught the missionary lessons and to be baptized to make it official. I know it's going to happen. This family is wonderful.

In other news, I'm working on Humility right now. I thought I was already pretty good at being humble, but I guess there's room for improvement. Of course, the difficult question is how to increase my humility while also improving my self-esteem. Any suggestions?

Ack! I have to go. Dinner appointment very soon. I'm starting to think I may be a little TOO blessed! But at least we're not going hungry. =)

I love you! Merry Christmas!

Love, your holly jolly missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

2 comments:

Spencer and Jessica said...

In case you don't get my email I sent...

Hi Elder Robarts,

I hope things are treating you well in Regina. I served there for 8 months in one area. I think I still have the area map in my mission stuff. My companion and I covered the south east area including the Wascana area. Some of the members I still remember that may still be there include Don Danskin, Scott Cruikshank, and a few more but the names will come to me later I'm sure.

Anyway, the reason I am writing is because I'm excited you are in Regina because I'd like for you or one of the other missionaries to go by a golden investigator my companion and I taught in Regina. We taught him all the discussions and had him set for baptism and then his girlfriend/soon to be fiance found out he was meeting with us and she told him it was either them or me and he backed out. I have often wondered how he has been.I beleive his address is in the Lewvan Ward. Please have the Elders from that ward contact him and let him know that Elder Eccles just wanted to know how he has been and if he would still be interested in the gospel. Here is his contact info that I found online. Don't know if it is accurate but please have them stop by for a visit and let me know how it goes.

Michael Lewchuck
289 Leopold Cres
Regina, SK S4T 6N8
(306) 525-0319

Thanks,

Spencer Eccles

Spencer and Jessica said...

p.s....he goes by Mick not Michael.