Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Almost weekly updates.

I need to pick a day of the week. The day used to be Monday, since I had no other option, but now that I have quite a bit of freedom, any day will do. Like I said, I just need to pick one. I'll get back to you on that.

In the meantime, life has been going okay. There has always been something to do each weekend for the past several weeks, and this week is no exception. There's an Aaronic Priesthood commemoration Campout this Friday and Saturday, and I'm giving a talk in church on Sunday, which also happens to be my birthday. I'm feeling just a little bit stressed.

Registering for classes has been frustrating. I'd like to get started on this next phase of my life as soon as possible, so as not to fall even farther behind my peers, but I hesitate because 1) Money is tight; how are we going to pay for these classes? and 2) it's a pain in the neck to sign up. I would LOVE to get a job before going in for schooling, so I could pay for the education, and rent, and maybe, just maybe, have some money left over so I'll be able to get things that I want/need without being a burden on my family's finances. Money is tight, and it would take a lot of motivation to get me to do something complicated, difficult, frustrating, and just a little bit scary (What if I'm not smart enough for school?) that would cost my family money.

-sighs- That's life. I posted on Facebook that real life was hard, and I hadn't even gotten to the hard part. I am not looking forward to the really difficult parts, like raising infants and teenagers. I'm going to have to get MUCH better and handling things before I try and tackle a challenge like that! I would much prefer I less-difficult challenge, like holding down an entry-level job and going through a few college classes.

Sometimes I think trials are like Bowling balls that God ties to your wrists. Yeah, it makes doing things a LOT harder, but eventually, you get much stronger because of it. I'm looking forward to the 'being-stronger' part.

I'd better get going. This is Mom's computer that I'm on, and she has come home and wants to use it.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

You can do it! Think about the skills you learned on your mission and adapt them to this part of your life. You know how to get answers, to plan, to implement, to keep trying. And you certainly are smart! Keep doing the things that helped you on your mission and you will be fine.

Don't be too hard on yourself.