Friday, November 14, 2014

Multi-Element Morning Therapy

Do you know why warm water feels so good? Me neither, but it does. Do you know why cleaning things feels so good? It's a feeling of accomplishment, coupled with a feeling similar to what Jesus must feel as He helps us purify our souls. Do you know why music, especially worshipful music, feels so good? Because it attracts the presence of the Holy Spirit.

I recently got a really good piece of advice, and now I'm glad I followed it. It didn't give me anything insightful to blog about, as I was expecting it to, but it did help me feel the Spirit, so that's a good thing. I blog much better when I have the spirit than when I don't. I also learned that "Nearer, my God, to Thee" doesn't go too high to be played on a recorder, so that's great. I should compile a list of hymns that can be played on a recorder, then practice them in the park. I don't suppose I've told you that I've taken up the practice of playing the recorder in the park near the school between classes sometimes. It's been pretty nice, except that I don't know enough recorder-playable hymns to add sufficient variety. I should compile a list. In the meantime, I can just sing the hymns I know, whether they're recorder-playable or not, even when my hands are full.

I'm grateful that God has blessed me with a love of reverent music, and some skill at performing it. It enriches my life and helps me to have the Spirit with me more consistently. Mix that with warm-water therapy and the feeling of being productive, and you've got a pretty good way to begin a morning.

No comments: