Tuesday, March 28, 2017

We All Need Angels

In Institute, we recently watched a Bible video portraying the Savior's Atonement in the Garden of Gethsemane, and one moment in that video reminded me of what I consider one of the most touching parts of that whole experience.

Luke 22: 43 "And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him."

Jesus was perfect and incredibly powerful, and He certainly had the heaviest burden of anyone who ever lived, but I have to think to myself: If even He needed angelic help at one point, maybe it's not so bad when I need it.

I am a weak individual. I often need angelic help to just handle my regular obligations. Sometimes, I find certain trials or temptations too difficult for me, and I feel like I'm about to cave in. But if Christ Himself needed an angel to get through His trials, what makes me think that I won't need one to help me get through mine?

Earth life is not a good time for prideful bravado. The challenges of this life are, in fact, challenging, and we could use all the help we can get, no matter how strong or capable we are on our own.

We all need help sometimes. Even Jesus did. Let's not be too timid to ask for it, and let's not be too proud to accept it. There will come times in each person's life when that person needs an angel. Jesus was no exception to this rule. None of us are. We all need angels sometimes. Not even Jesus could have made it through life without one.

No comments: