Monday, June 7, 2010

June 7, 2010

Dear Home,
 
  Name a red-headed full-time missionary who never has time to write a decent-sized Email home to his family and everyone else he loves. Yeah, that's me. But luckily, this week I seem not to have anything to write about. I just checked my notes from this week, and all I made note of was a dandilion gun.
 
  We were helping an older sister in our branch mow and weed her lawn. I was weeding; Elder Jons was mowing. First, we were using some kind of knife to try and 'cut' the dandilions out of the ground. It wasn't working to well. Then the sister went into the shed and came out with a contraption that you stab straight down onto a dandilion and pull back towards you. As you pull back, a lever that's prying against the ground closes the claw-like knives around the dandilion and gives you the leverage to pull it up out of the ground. It was lots of fun to use. ^^
 
  The only other thing I can think of was spending just about half of Saturday at a cabin. A family in this branch has a cabin that they practically live in durring the summer (and probably just leave alone durring the winter). They treated us to breakfast, let us cut down some weeds for them, and then fed us lunch, too! I'm amazed at how nice the members in this area are. And I'm so grateful to have so many opportunities to serve others. That's probably the biggest blessing that missionaries enjoy, being able to serve others. I just wish I had more time to do it. =/
 
  This is about all the writing I have time for. =( I'll try to to better next week. Thanks for being patient with me!
 
  Love, your called-to-serve missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Andrew, stop worrying about your letters! You are the only one I've heard complain about them. (And no, I don't think it's because they're too nice to complain.)

Your letters are fun to read. I am glad you had a good time serving the members in your ward. That tool for weeding dandilions sounds pretty neat. I want one.