Monday, September 10, 2018

Serving God

Today was a busy day for me. I spent basically all day serving, tutoring, and studying, with only a few short breaks mixed in. I'm  tired, and I want to go to bed, but first I'll pretend to be inspired/inspiring by reminding you all (and myself) that "when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God" (Mosiah 2:17).

I served God today. I helped Him write an outline for His next writing assignment. I helped Him figure out what Wilson, Armstrong, and another author whose name has escaped me, thought about art. I picked up some trash for Him. I wished Him a happy birthday. And I served Him dinner, twice.

It's kind of weird to think about service that way. It's sort of motivating. I may not know well many of the people I serve, and I may not feel like I owe them much, but I owe God everything. I owe Him a debt I can never repay, and He has asked me to pay it forward. So, out of service to Him (and because Mom raised me well), I serve others. And when I am in the service of others, I am also serving God.

No comments: