Sunday, October 30, 2022

Sharing Adventure

One of the things I love most about the games I play is the ability to share adventures with my friends. Case in point, I played a single-player game and got my brother interested in it as well, and now I get to watch him experience the same adventure I went on, but in his own way. I get to celebrate his accomplishments with him, marvel at his ability to find secrets far more easily than I ever did, and offer him advice when it's needed and/or especially helpful. We got to laugh together when he tossed a fire bomb in a pool of water, and it went out instead of exploding, and we got to work out some of the details of the interactions of the magic items. My brother is having fun, and I'm having fun with him.

I really like this aspect of the games I play. I like being able to share thrilling experiences with my friends through games. And it doesn't even have to be through just games. Our lives themselves can be adventures. And one of the best parts of these adventures is being able to share them with others.

No comments: