Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'll wait for thee...

Okay! =D I know you're all excited to see who, if anyone, guessed correctly, so I'll tell you all right now... that the envelope hasn't come yet. =/ I'm sorry for getting you all so excited yesterday. I was SO SURE that the envelope would come yesterday, but, unfortunately, it didn't.

SO, the new plan is this: When the letter comes, I'll read it in private and then tell people WHEN I'm going, so they can plan on being out of town during my boring farewell. xP BUT, I will not tell you WHERE I'm going until AFTER I tell my immediate family during the Big Reveal, which has now been rescheduled for Sunday the 15th.

Now, I know that some of my family would like to have the reveal on Thursday, but that doesn't really work out for all of us. Two of you have meetings/ assignments/ plans for that night, and the rest of you will want to watch the Season Premiere of Survivor. I understand that some of those plans or activities can be changed or postponed, but I don't want you guys to have to adjust your schedules for this event. Sunday is open for everyone (I think), so let's have the reveal then. At least, that's what I'm voting for.

So what does this mean for the rest of you? This means that the last-minute guesses (including yours, Joe,) have at least two more days to be submitted before we stop accepting guesses altogether. You may even have as many as five days, but there are no guarantees of that, so just play it safe and post whatever guess you may have before the end of Thursday. I'll (most likely) announce the winner(s) either this Friday morning or that of the following Monday. In the meantime, keep sending in those guesses! =D

Oh, and by the way, until recently, no one place had been guessed by more than two people, but yesterday, at 10:32 pm, Amanda & Jacob have cast (Her? His? Their?) vote for Ireland, as Sariah Robarts and Jerry Cook have before them. HOWEVER, when Sariah Roser voted for New Zealand, she said to CHANGE her vote to New Zealand. If that removes her vote from Ireland, that means that the Land of the Leprechauns is back down to having two votes, tying it up with so many others.

It also seems prudent to mention that the careful observer may have noticed that Chicago and New Mexico have been mentioned no less than FOUR times each! However, the VERY careful observer must have noticed that THREE of the votes for each of those places have come from the SAME PERSON (Nice try, Jeff. xP). Sorry, folks, you only get one vote per place per person. =P Otherwise, Esther could vote for Disneyland again and again a hundred thousand times, and then I'd have no choice! I'm sure I'd learn to live with it eventually, but instead, let's just try to keep things fair. ^^

So, unless Sariah changes her mind and puts Ireland in the lead again, the lead position is currently stuck in a NINE-WAY TIE, and the leaders are as follows: Ireland; Chicago, Illinois; New Mexico; (Old) Mexico; South Africa; The Philippines; Japan; New Zealand; and Texas.

Keep up the guesses, guys! One of these days we'll find out who's right. In the meantime, Ciao!

-Elder Andrew Robarts

Sweet hour of prayer! Sweet hour of prayer! Thy wings shall my petition bear
To him whose truth and faithfulness Engage the waiting soul to bless.
And since he bids me seek his face, Believe his word and trust his grace,
I'll cast on him my ev'ry care, And wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer!
-Hymn. 142, 'Sweet Hour of Prayer'

1 comment:

Sariah said...

Do I go with what I think or what I want??? I don't know! lol

It's okay, you don't have to tell us when you're going. If you do, it might tell us if you're going foreign or not. I'm sure waiting an extra day or two won't make that big of a difference for travel plans. (If you knew a week ahead of time though, that would have made a bigger difference.)

Can't wait!!! :)