Monday, August 9, 2010

August 9. 2010

Dear Home,
 
I'm not sure how much time I have left. Probably about 45 minutes. I spent some time arguing with the printer before I figured out that it was short on paper.
 
My week has been good. ^^ We spent the first part of the week having P-Day with the missionaries in Prince Albert, as you all know. That went pretty well except that most everything was closed. Some stores were open, so we were able to do a lot of our shopping, but other than that, not very many P-Day things got done. For example, the libraries were closed, so we couldn't Email then (That's a problem we never have to face in Flin Flon because we Email at the church). And the banks were closed, so we couldn't get the coins we needed to operate the coin-operated laundry machines (another problem we never have to face in Flin Flon because we do our laundry at a members' house).
 
Some good things happened while we were in Prince Albert, though. For example, I saw a few things that I thought I'd never see. Namely, a SUPER dark chocolate bar that was 86% cocao! Of course, I had to try it, so I bought it. (I don't recommend it to others, though. It was VERY bitter!) But if my jaw dropped when I saw the 86% bar, it fell off completely when I saw a 99% cocao dark chocolate bar. Luckily, I had learned my lesson by then, so I didn't buy it. Maybe I should've bought it. Then I could've taken a picture of it... Oh, well. I got a picture of the 86% cocao bar, so that's something.
 
When our two-day, two-night stay in Prince Albert was over, we topped off our gas tank, grabbed a quick bite to eat, then headed back to Flin Flon. Unfortunately, we forgot to grab something on our way out and ended up leaving it in Prince Albert. What did we forget? Elder Sheffield's laundry bag, containing most of Elder Sheffield's white shirts and undergarments. He did not have a good week. =/ But luckily, the other missionaries thought of a plan. They ended up paying a Greyhound bus to take a box containing the laundry and laundry bag up to Flin Flon, so none of us would have to waste the K's making an extra trip. That's a good thing, too, because it's a 4 hour drive from Prince Albert to Flin Flon. Plus there's a time change involved, too. The bus with the laundry left Prince Albert at 4:30 pm. 4:30 plus 4 hour drive, plus one hour time change equals...  The bus arrived in our neck of the woods at 10:45 pm. At least the bus was driving the speed limit.
 
There were a few things that were funny about this whole event. One of those things is that while we were waiting for the bus, there was a group of people playing baseball in the field beside us, so we got to watch them play. They were terrible! But it passed the time. Another funny thing, and I think this is the funniest thing, at the end of the day, Elder Sheffield received a box full of dirty underwear, and he was very grateful.
 
In other news, the missionary work in this area has been going pretty well. I've been finding a lot of ways to improve the way I do missionary work, and I'm excited to see some improvement over the next week. =) More bearing testimony. More feeling the spirit. It's going to be great! ^^
 
Um, so, I'm pretty sure that my time isn't all the way up yet, but I don't have much more to say and we'll have to go change our laundry pretty soon, so maybe I'll just log off now, and log back on for a few minutes a couple of hours from now.
 
Thanks so much for reading this! Sorry it's not as insightful as my blog posts usually are. I'll hopefully have something better for you next week. Talk to you then!
 
Love, your fun-having, hard-working missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts
 
PS A word to the wise: Don't let your paperwork stack up! We haven't updated our tracting records for almost two weeks and now we're swamped! =S Oh, well. We'll get it all sorted out. ^^ Bye!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

I've seen some pretty dark chocolate, but I don't think I've ever seen 99%. I wonder if Mom would like it. I like it around 60%.

That is pretty funny about being happy to get a box of dirty laundry. It made me laugh.

I'm glad things are going well for you! :)

p.s. Stop apologizing all the time! How many times do I have to tell you that we like your letters? Ha ha, if we didn't, we wouldn't keep reading them, would we?