Tuesday, February 22, 2011

February 22, 2011

Dear Home,

Happy Family Day!

That's what the Canadians were celebrating to keep me away from Emailing ya'll yesterday. Oh, well. I'm a day late and 6 cents short, and it's okay. =)

Anyhow, my Mom (who is probably just about as trunky as I am) continually reminds me to really BE on my mission, to really think about what's going on up here in Regina and to not think so much about what's going to happen in Sacramento and the surrounding areas when I get home. I'll try to do that today. As much as I would like to talk about family dinners, courts of honor, camping trips and baptisms, I'll just have to tell you about life over here.

There is never enough time to do everything. BUT, the members here are wonderful. Brother G is helping his friend work towards baptism, and Brother C is fellowshipping a Part-Member family into full activity in the church. The work is rolling along smoothly. ^^

I'm also improving a lot in my own personal progress. Working hard towards worthy goals. The hardest part about goals is remembering that you set them. If you forget a worthy goal, it's impossible to reach it. I need to post reminders for myself around the apartment. That should do the trick. I wonder how many people set New Years Resolutions and then forget what their resolutions were by late February. I guess they weren't very Resolute about them, not that I can blame anyone for that. I've set good goals, then fell short of them. That's when you have to evaluate your goals, reestablish your commitment, and maybe set different goals towards the same aim.

I'd love to write more, but I am seriously out of time. =( I know and communicate with too many people when I Email. It can't be done in just one hour. =/ But anyway, I'm sorry for not giving you more of my time.

Love, you anxiously engaged missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

No comments: