Monday, March 30, 2015

On the Palms of His Hands

The main reason Mom and I visited the Rosers this weekend was that this was the weekend when their Stake was holding their annual Life of Christ celebration. In addition to heart-moving musical numbers, there were live actors describing scenes from Jesus' life, as well as many still pictures and paintings that depicted Jesus. Of the still images, the one that affected me most looked something like this:


See! I will not forget you... I have carved you on the palm of my hand. -Isaiah 49:15-16

When I think of what Jesus went through when He got those scars and His deliberate decision to keep them after His resurrection, I feel a very sure knowledge that He won't forget me now. When life is challenging, I know that He has felt that struggle and that He's continually working with me to help me overcome them. Because He lives and loves me, I will never be forsaken or alone.

No comments: