Monday, March 16, 2015

Too Late to Think of a Creative Title

I don't mind having classes in the mornings, except that it sometimes prevents me from blogging in the mornings, and then I often don't get around to blogging until late at night. That, in itself, wouldn't be too bad, except that I get tired at night, so I have a hard time focussing on writing good blog posts, and I know that if I had computer trouble one evening, it might prevent me from blogging before midnight that day, and that's totally unacceptable. Thankfully, I should be able to blog tomorrow morning. On Wednesday, if I can't blog in the morning, I can at least blog in the afternoon, from the school's computers. Maybe I should make that the norm for my Monday/Wednesday/Friday blogging. For this semester, at least.

I can't think of anything to blog about tonight. None of my schoolwork today has been blogworthy. At least, I can't draw any blogworthy analogies from them right now. I've looked at the next General Conference talk that I need to blog about, and I know that there's something really good in the story that's shared in the beginning - I just can't think of an application for it. There's probably something blogworthy about not being able to think well in the evening, but what? Maybe I could blog about the importance of not procrastinating, specifically focussing on the idea that we should do what we can while we still can, because we might not get another change later.

That reminds me. Earlier, I saw a quote from President Monson, "Never, never, never postpone a prompting." God often gives us instructions pertaining to where we should go, what we should do, and what we should say. When we get those promptings, we should act on them right away because we don't know how long we'll have the opportunity to do what God is prompting us to do. Usually, I have the ability to think creatively enough to come up with a blogworthy analogy for just about anything (still working on those toucans, though), but when it's late, I sometimes just lose the ability to think. Perhaps I should have blogged earlier, while I still could, rather than doing math homework that isn't due until Friday. But I didn't want to procrastinate that, either. Procrastination is a bad habit, and it's terrible how often I have to remind myself of that.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

I am looking forward to lessons you draw from "UP". Each of the main characters have things to teach us, I think, don't you?