Saturday, June 18, 2016

Mortal Measurements



I really like this quote. When we look at the weaknesses we have and the mistakes we've made, it can be easy to become discouraged and worry that we'll never measure up to our Heavenly Father's expectations of us. But God doesn't expect us to be perfect (not yet, anyway). He knows that we're human and that we're subject to the failings that make us feel insufficient, and I'm sure God takes those handicaps into account. I think that, rather than counting the mistakes we make and the imperfections we have, God measures our success by the good we manage to do despite our handicaps, which, by the way God measures goodness, may be greater than we think. I think that many of us are doing better and more good than we tend to think we are, so we shouldn't worry too much about how we measure up. God's the one doing the measuring, and as I understand it, we're probably doing a lot better than we sometimes think we are.

No comments: