Monday, July 11, 2016

Coming Back to Conference

It's high time I got back to blogging about General Conference talks. I'll still check in with War Chapter insights from time to time, but I'd like to try to finish blogging about last General Conference's talks before next General Conference begins. Besides, picking up close to where I left off, I really like the talk I get to blog about next, The Price of Priesthood Power, by President Russell M. Nelson.

Nearly three months ago, I blogged about D&C 121:36, and I mentioned President Nelson's talk and, specifically, how I haven't really been paying the price of Priesthood power. I haven't been doing all the things I should. I haven't been giving the gospel of Jesus Christ enough of my attention. I really should be doing more to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ, especially if I want the blessings that can only come by doing so.

Yet, I probably shouldn't be too hard on myself. We all tend to slip, if we're not careful. I don't need to berate myself for losing focus; what I need is to recommit. And the best way I know of to recommit myself to doing something is by making myself accountable to you. I hearby commit that, sometime tomorrow, I am going to read and listen to President Nelson's talk again, and I'm going to share a new insight from it. The new insight may be on a topic that I've blogged about before, but it will at least have a fresh perspective.

It's too soon to say, but I may try to make that a habit again, reading and listening to General Conference talks. I think it would be good for my spiritual well-being, and I certainly have the time. Just cutting out one or two Youtube videos, or spending 10-15 fewer minutes on Facebook would give me all the time I need to read a General Conference talk, and doing so might save me some of the time I spend trying to think of what to blog about. I still might occasionally sprinkle in a war chapter insight, and if anything happens in my daily life that has some kind of blogworthy analogy hidden in it, I'll try to remeber to blog about it, but other than that, I think I'll shift my focus to General Conference for a while. At the very least, tomorrow's blog post will be about a General Conference talk, and you can hold me to that.

No comments: