Saturday, May 11, 2019

"Why Should We Care?"

I once heard someone ask why anyone would oppose gay marriage. After all, it's not our business who anyone gets together with. Why should we care? But therein lies the answer: because we care.

I care about people in a general, "I wish you well" sense. I'm no Mother Teresa, but I don't like the idea of people suffering, even if they brought their suffering on themselves through poor choices.

Committing sexual sin is a very poor choice, one that carries severe, eternal consequences. Homosexuality is, for various reasons, a sin for which those who engage in it will eventually suffer.

I don't want them to suffer. I don't want them to convince others that sin is normal and acceptable and thus lead those others to sin and suffer. It is a moral imperative to reduce and prevent human suffering as much as possible. If I can reduce human suffering by opposing gay marriage (and/or other sexual sin), I will.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

It is important to note homosexuality itself is not a sin. Having feelings of attraction is not a sin. Acting on those feelings is. God has ordained that marriage is between a man and a woman and that sex is to be confined to marriage. Sex outside of a God ordained marriage is a sin. For all of us. God has given us commandments that He knows lead to eternal happiness. Violating eternals laws ultimately leads to sorrow. Despite the false promises of Satan and today's world

There are many righteous homosexuals who are faithful and obedient to God's laws. They will be rewarded for their faithfulness and sacrifice. In that great eternal someday, all will be made right for them and they shall have joy forever.