Monday, September 21, 2009

Dear Home - September 21, 2009

Dear Home,

This is going to be the BEST TRANSFER EVER!

Elder George and I are both staying right where we are. And so are all the other Elders in our district! It's a rare occurance, but all six of us are staying put (for another six weeks anyway). Same addresses and everything. ^^

So, a little while ago, you asked me what impresses me about Canada. I didn't have much to say at the time, but I've thought of a few more things since then.

First, I don't know how I forgot to mention the sunsets. They are SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I'd take pictures of them, but we're not supposed to snap photos while we're out working.
I might anyway, though. One thing I've learned about rules is that the exceptions are included in Moroni 7. That which leadeth to do good, is good. If the sunsets are inspiring enough to want to keep them with you, it's worth taking a second or two to preserve them. At least, that's how I feel. Of course, there is the thing about obeying with exactness, but there's also 'He that is commanded in all things is a slothful and unwise servant'. Basically, I'm going to work as hard as I can, keep the spirit with me, fulfil my duty to God and my family, bring others (including you) unto Christ, and have a great time doing it. And if I happen to take a few pictures along the way, I'm sure God won't have a problem with it.

Another thing that I like about Canada (and this has nothing to do with anything I was just rambling on about), is that they have handles on most of their big green garbage cans. At first I thought 'why?', but I've come to realise that by lifting the handle, you can put things into the garbage can without having to slip your fingertips under the lid. Clever Canadians. ^^

Also, and this isn't exclusive to Canada, but while I've been out here, I've also learned that root beer floats are remarkably cheap. Elder George and I each had two last week, and we plan to have two more this week. We just might make a habit out of this, especially since it's much cheaper than chacolate pretzels and chocolate chip cookies (I miss the cookies, though. =/).

Quiz time! Elder George had a birthday recently (and I still don't what day it was)! To celebrate, I secretly made a batch of sugar cookies while he was showering. And I just remembered that I can't finish this quz question without showing you a picture that I haven't printed or mailed yet. =/ I'll have to ask you something.
A few weeks back, a member gave us some homemade sausage from the meat of an animal I had never eaten before. It's all gone now, but I wonder if you can guess what kind of sausage it was. (Yeah, I know it's a lame question, but that's the best I could think of this week. The cookie question would've been better, but it requires the viewing of a photograph, so that'll have to wait 'till later.)

And to give the answer to the last quiz, Elder Orton's full name is Benjamin Joseph Orton. Shocking, I know, but his name includes the names of two of my brothers!

Out of time!

I love you all!

Elder Andrew Robarts

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Was it BEAR sausage? I've had bear in a stew before, only to find out later what meat it was. It's a lot like beef, but not exactly like it.

Ruth said...

I'm guessing Bison. (maybe just because I saw a small herd yesterday)

motherof8 said...

My guess is moose.

Miriam said...

Deer? (I guess I should say venison.)