Monday, January 17, 2011

January 17, 2011

Dear Home,

I'm not sure how much time I have. I got here quite a while ago (at least, that's how it feels), but I've spent all that time writing to individuals, and it feels like my hour may be just about up. But nobody's watching the clock as far as I know, so I should have enough time to write everything that I want to write, starting with...

A long time ago, someone asked me for pictures of the snow. And very recently, someone else asked me for pictures of my new, improved face. I haven't taken very many pictures lately, but it seems like I'll have to change that very soon. Next week, there will be pictures.

In return, there's a member in this area who wants to know what my house looks like. And a while ago, I heard some rumors about possibly painting the outside of the house, so I'm a bit curious about if the appearance of my home has changed. Would any of you be willing to mail and/or Email me pictures of my home? Thanks. ^^  (note from mom - there's been talk about future painting, but nothing happening soon)

As for news of what's going on with the missionary work in Canada, things are looking good! We've been keeping track of how much of our working hours we're actually spending working, and the numbers we've been seeing shot up almost immediately. The improvement has been huge, the Spirit has been helping a lot, and just about everything seems to be going better! We have a lot to be thankful for around here. =) I'm grateful for a God who knows just what we need to help us improve. I'm grateful that He cares enough about us that He never gives up on us. I'm grateful for the guidance that He gives us. I'm grateful that God wants us to be more like He is so we can be happy. And I'm grateful that it's possible for us to improve so that we can be more happy.

I'm also grateful for this sweater I'm wearing. It was getting pretty cold a while ago, so I decided to go the full nine yards and make sure I was doing everything I could to be warmer, including wearing a sweater. A few days later, I went without the sweater layer, and I noticed a big difference. Now I'm wearing a sweater that's warm enough to make a difference, yet thin enough to not get it the way. Strangely, the sleeves of my arms like the feel of this sweater. But it's so warm in this building where I am that I kind of wish I weren't wearing it right now. Lol. Oh, well. I'll appreciate the sweater pretty well once I get outside. =)

Anyhow, I think my time is about up, so I'd better get going. Keep the faith!

Love, your many-miles-but-few-months-away missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts.

No comments: