Monday, January 3, 2011

January 3, 2011

Dear Home,

What a week!!

Sorry I wasn't able to Email you all last week. The computer place was closed, and it remained closed ALL WEEK LONG. Actually, It's still closed. I'm standing in a library now, using a temporary library card that a nice librarian made for me.

Christmas was great. =) Christmas morning Elder Higginson and I opened gifts with other missionaries in the area. Then we headed over to a member's house and basically spent all day there. They were SO nice! They gave us presents, fed us, let us use their telephone, and played Star Trek UNO with us (that was fun). They're great people. I am super glad I know them.

Actually, now that I think about it, we spend a lot of time with that member. He had us over for Christmas and New Year's Eve. He went out to a teaching appointment with us on New Year's Day, in the afternoon, and we ended up spending the rest of the evening with him as well. That's actually a funny story. Or a story that's kind of sad now, but will be funny later. The member already thinks it's hilarious, but it's still a bit soon for Elder Higginson to laugh about it. I want to tell you the story (and Elder Higginson's okay with that), but I may not have time. The same member I've been telling you about is coming to pick us two up from the library pretty soon and I don;t know if I'll have time. Maybe I'll just save it for next week.

Why would we need to be picked up from the library by a member? Good question. We don't have a car anymore. We HAD a car, but another car in the same District as us in one of the small towns outside of Regina accidentally wrecked their vehicle, and they need one more than we do, so the mission did some switching around with the cars and we ended up not having one, so a lot of our time over the past few days has been spent walking and riding the bus, and it's going to stay that way until the end of the transfer, which will be around....early February. But we'll be fine. Especially with those hand warmers I got for Christmas! Those things have saved my fingers at least once so far. That was an especially cold day, though, and we don't get many of those.

Anyhow, I've got to go. Thanks so much for being patient with me! I'll write you next week, I promise.

Love, your happy and well-blessed missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

1 comment:

Teresa said...

You're awesome, Andrew! Way to go keeping up the good work!!