Monday, January 24, 2011

January 24, 2011

Dear Home,

I promised all of you pictures. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera cable, so even though I remembered to bring my camera Emailing with me, I can't get any pictures onto the computer. =( Sorry! I'll make a note to bring my cables next week.

Speaking about next week, that's when I'll be able to tell you my new transfer calls. We'll be getting our calls this weekend, and even though it's not likely that I'm leaving this apartment right now, it's possible, so for those of you who mail me directly, not through the Mission Office, (which is mostly just Mom) hold onto your mail for a week. Next Monday, I'll tell you where to send it.

So, in addition to forgetting the camera cable, I also forgot my planner, which had all my notes of what I wanted to write to you, but I think I can remember the two big things.

First, my companion and I walked across the world's largest bridge over the smallest body of water. At least, I think that's what it is. It's the bridge on Albert street close to the center of Regina. I heard that, in the Guiness Book of World Records, it's listed as the largest bridge over the smallest body of water. If I'm not mistaken, that means that if there's a bridge that's larger than this one, it's over a bigger puddle. If there's a bridge over a smaller puddle, it's gotta be a smaller bridge. I heard that they built it during the depression, when everyone was just itching for something to do, so they built themselves a bridge that's WAY bigger than it needed to be. I've got pictures of it... on my camera. =/

The other piece of big news- well, it's not big news, but it's funny- is that I just recently got a bunch of CDs from a past companion. I've been burning music onto re-writable CDs for most of my mission (it's not illegal here, or so I'm told). Since I plan on re-using these CDs later, instead of labeling the CDs based on the music they have on them now, I gave them crazy nick-names. For example, I have a CD of Celtic Music playing well-known hymns. Instead of naming the CD 'Celtic Hymns', I named it 'Red Ice Homicide', just for fun. And Elder Sheffield had loads of fun naming the 5 CDs he sent me. Most of these titles are going to be in-jokes, so don't worry if you don't get it. 'Abraham Lincoln', 'Seeth Lame Go', 'Andrew, we R DNA', 'Klien Fell Over Dead', and 'Romantic Lyrics and Overtones'. I couldn't stop laughing when I read them, but I can't listen to them because I don't have a CD player right now, but I bet I'll have access to one in about a week from now.

Gotta go. Our ride is leaving.

Love, your ride-bumming missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

PS. Miriam, I got your package. Thanks! =)

No comments: