Saturday, February 8, 2014

Commercial Inspiration

For the first time ever, I'm going to post a commercial advertisement on my blog.





Life doesn't play nice. No matter how well you prepare, you're going to be caught off-guard. You'll be kicked, knocked down. But you get back up. You think you've hit rock bottom? Life will push you down again, and leave you there. You can't outrun pain, and you don't get to choose how you fall, but you decide whether you give up or get up. Remember, you are not alone. Help will be there to lift you farther, and higher than ever before. We believe with every setback, there's a chance to come back. RISE

I wonder if we were told anything like this in the pre-mortal world. I wonder if we were warned how hard life would be. We probably wouldn't have understood it, even if we had been told, but it seems to me that it would have been somewhat dishonest for God to give us this opportunity without telling us what we were getting ourselves into. Did He warn us that when our Earth-lives started to get rough, many of us would want to give up? I can kind of imagine a message like the one you just listened to being some sort of pre-Earth seminar. "On Earth, you're going to fall down countless times, and it'll hurt (literally "like hell," at those times when we fall spiritually), but you need to get back up."

Speaking of which, there's another commercial video that I like enough to share. This one takes longer to get to the point, but it's along the same lines of the last one. (Plus the music is terrific.)





For teaching us that falling
only makes us stronger,
Thank you, Mom.

So, yes, life is hard. There are many long years of struggle and pain involved. There will be frustration and disappointment. All hearts will be broken, and many dreams will be crushed. But some dreams will come true. The ones we work for, fight for, and never give up on; the ones that really matter to us and to the people who love us most, will come true. The greater challenges we face along the way, the greater the victory will be when we achieve it. Never give up. Keep getting back up and keep trying. You may never win a Gold Medal, but you will gain victory over yourself, and that's what we're really here for.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

I do believe that God laid it all out for us as clearly as possible, but I don't think we had any real concept of physical pain and probably not really of spiritual pain, either. Sometimes I wonder why a Heavenly Father who loves us would send us to suffer so much and when so many of us would fail (or so it appears to me) and why we were so happy and excited about it. The answer is, I think, that this was the only way for us to have the chance to progress to become like Him, to grow up. Apparently, we all decided it was worth the risk. I don't feel as brave, determined and faithful now as I must have been then. Must reach for that part of me.