Wednesday, February 27, 2019

(Not) Prepared to Help

A few days ago, I had an opportunity to lend a hand, but not much else. A door's handle had come loose, and it would have been simple enough to fix; I just needed a screwdriver. However, on this particular day, I wasn't carrying my multi-tool. I tried to tighten the screw with a key, but it wasn't working. Fortunately, someone else had their multi-tool on them, so they were able to fix the door, but God allowed me to struggle long enough to learn that it's important to always be prepared to help. After all, it's what I'm here for. It would be wise for me to carry the tools I need to help others. Going forward, I'm going to try to carry my multi-tool more often, even to places where I doubt I'll need it, like church. After all, one never knows when they'll be called upon to help, so it pays to always be prepared.

No comments: