Monday, September 9, 2019

My Angel Mother

By the time anybody reads this, it will be my mother's birthday. On occasions like this, I usually feel like sharing something touching and personal, something that shows how much my mother means to me. Unfortunately, such expressions are hard to put into words and are probably not suited for anything as public as a blog post. Suffice it to say that I wouldn't be anywhere near the man I am today if it wasn't for her. Like Abraham Lincoln, I can say "All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother."

I'm nowhere near perfect, and I sometime doubt I ever will be, but I know that I would be in a much darker place without her. She is a beacon of spiritual light. She may not have known what a Paladin is if not for me, but she's the main reason I want to be one. I want to be the sort of person she can be proud of. She's a good mother, and she deserves children to match.

So, my gift to her this year (besides a small donation to the church's humanitarian efforts) is to renew my efforts to be as good a person as she is. My mother is a saint. I owe it to her to try to be one, too.

No comments: