Monday, August 24, 2009

August 24, 2009

Dear Home,

First order of business, the poll results. I'm sure you're all anxious to here what the answer was, so I'm gonna go ahead and tell you that Miriam and one other person (I don't know who. xD) guessed correctly. I found a $10 bill lying on the ground while tracting a week or so ago. Pretty impressive, eh? xD Of course, it was all luck, but it was a surprising and nice experience. ^^

In other news, the ban on EFY music has been lifted. Apparently 'no EFY' was a Law of Moses type rule, just a temporary thing to get people thinking about what they should be listening to and what they shouldn't. There are some EFY songs that I wouldn't play in Sacrament Meeting, but I'm glad the ban was lifted, because there are many EFY songs that are not only sacrament appropriate, they're also very inspiring and uplifting, especially for missionaries.

And when we're not humming or singing sacrament-appropriate songs (or doing any of the other million things missionaries do on a daily basis), we read from the Ensign. The Ensign is a WONDERFUL magazine. Very inspiring, Very uplifting, but also Very consuming. With our busy schedules, we often don't have time to flip wanderingly through the wells of inspired words, but we often find ourselves doing just that. Ensigns are wonderful, but they're addicting. If you have extra time on your hands, I'd suggest getting into them. If not... Read them wisely, but still read them. They're REALLY good.

I've got a question. (Sorry I'm all over today. I usually have my thoughts more organised than this.) What's the population of Sacramento? People occasionally ask me that question after they ask me 'Where are you from?' and 'What part of California?', and the only answer I've been able to give them is 'a few million'. Not the most precise answer they could hope for. Also, is it true that there are more people in California than in Canada? I've heard rumors, but it sounds a little far-fetched.

Zone Conference is this Friday! I'm so excited. ^^ Not only am I expecting a package, but Zone Conferences are always EXTREMELY inspiring. E. George says that he always has headaches afterwards. I'm sure Ben would be on an over-the-top spiritual high afterwards if he went to one. They're unbelievably good. ^^

Ummm, I think that's all I have right now, And I've got to go anyway.

I love you all! Thanks for being there for me! ^^ ((Hugs everyone)) (( Hugs Mom again. ))

Love, your slightly overtime missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts.

~~~~~~
The answer to his population question:

Population, 2008 estimate Sacramento County 1,394,154 California 36,756,666
Sacramento City Population, 2006 estimate 453,781

Wikipedea says the population of Canada in 2009 - 33,753,000
The 2006 census figure for Saskatoon is 233,923 a bit more than half the size of Sacramento.
Wiinipeg is bigger at 694,668
Prince Albert's population in 2006 was 34,138

If these numbers are correct, yes there are more Californians than Canadians. Amazing!

1 comment:

Kristine said...

And another odd fact...about 3/4 of the Canadian population lives within 90 miles of the Can/Us Border! We have A LOT of empty space up here!!!