Monday, August 31, 2009

Ask an Elder - August 31, 2009

Questions:
1) Are you a Zion companionship or a Babylon companionship?(According to our missionaries at dinner on a recent Sunday, a Zion companionship/apartment shares food and food costs whereas a Babylon companionship is every man for himself. Most of the missionaries in our area? district? mission? are Zion. My guess is you are Zion as well (remembering the cereal shopping incident)

2) Do you get the New Era?

3) Have you met any nice dogs?

4) Tell us all about Zone Conference!
Did Elder George get a headache? Did you?(Sorry I didn't have a package for you! who did?)

5) Is there a regular schedule for Zone Conference? Can you tell us when the next one will be?

Dear Home,

I have very little time left, but I'm making plans to improve my time-management skills. We'll see how it goes.

We're a Zion Companionship. Every companionship I've been in so far is that way. ^^ It's a good system, I think. =)

No, no New Era. Just the Ensign. But if we got the New Era as well as the Ensign, we wouldn't have any time left for anything else! =O

Nice dogs? How do you mean? Most dogs aren't vicious. I've only met one or two that I felt uncomfortable being around, but many dogs are /too/ nice.I love you! Pet me! Let me rub my nose on your dry-clean only pants!But it's not that bad. If you start petting them, they'll usually put their head wherever you put your hand. =)

Zone Conference was amazing! Lots of good stuff! No time to talk about it all, though. =/
Yes, I think Elder George /did/ get a headache. But I didn't. Mostly I just try and take good notes so it can all soak in slowly. Otherwise a lot of it goes over my head and is forgotten. =(

Sariah sent me a wonderful package with LOTS of pictures in it! Thank you so much!I also got a very generous package from Kristine, who sent me over 600 grams of candy, and a toothbrush. That couldn't have been cheap!They will both receive ink-and-paper thanks and replies, along with anyone who sends me things in the mail. (The only question is when I'll have time to reply to everyone in my inbox. D=)

Zone Conferences are usually mid-transfer. I don't think there's a regular schedule, though.

Time's up. I love you! -hugs everyone- -hugs Mom again-
Your late-as-usual missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

PS Poll: What animal is in my backyard right now?
Hints: It's one of my favorites. I'm not talking about horses or the ever-abundant seagulls, though they're there, too.

Have fun guessing! =D

4 comments:

motherof8 said...

You would think I would know what animals my own son likes, but alas!

I want to say Fox, but that seems pretty unlikely.

For some reason, Goat comes to mind.

How about Black Lab? although I am not really sure that is one of your favorite animals at all.

Ben Robarts said...

I say it's an elephant. Or a zebra... XD

Teresa said...

I'm going to guess, it's a cheetah!

Miriam said...

I'm guessing raccoons and /or squirrels