Tuesday, December 8, 2009

December 7, 2009

We didn't get a regular email letter yesterday, but Elder Robarts did answer a couple of emails from me - working out our Christmas phone call   : )  and about the mail.

In one, he mentioned that he was on a 15 minute computer.  15 minutes??!!

Dear Mom,


The mail system here seems to be a bit irregular. It may be because I move so much, or it may just be Canada, or I don't know. I haven't really been documenting how often letters come. I'm usually too excited to think about what day it is or when my last letter came.

The computer just told me I only have five minutes left, so I've gotta get moving on.

More later, I promise!

Your cold missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

PS, it's -40 C outside right now, with the windchill. Normally, we would stay inside when it's this cold, but when you have important things to do, like going to appointments, or church, or to email your family, etc, you can go outside unless it's -50. At -50, you stay inside no matter what (if I'm not mistaken).


Dear Mom,


I got myself another 20 minutes. This computer has been reserved for someone else to use at 11am, so I'll have to get off then.

I'm not sure I like this library. =S

But anyway, to continue:

Don't worry about me feeling neglected and unloved. I know that transfer times are hard. But the good news is that we got our calls early this time around, so I already know that I'm going to be staying in Oakwood (206-535 3 Avenue North, Saskatoon, SK -whatever postal code I gave you last time-) for another month and a half.

Yeah, letters from the office vary in their travel time. The letters you send there will get to me at the next Zone Conference, visit from any missionary living in Winnipeg, or usually each transfer. Actually, I don't know a lot about how the system works. I just know that It's guarenteed to get to me, but it's also guarenteed to be slow. I think I would prefer it if letters were sent to my current address (if it's transfer time, just hold on to it for another week), and packages were sent to the mission office. I think that would work out nicely.

In closing, I would just like to say that I know that you're always thinking of me, especially when it's cold. It's actually not so bad right now. I just don't want to STAY outside. Walking from place to place is fine. ^^

Eh, once again, time's up.
Much love! Elder Andrew Robarts

No comments: