Monday, November 30, 2009

Dear Home - November 30, 2009

From: Andrew Robarts <ElderRobarts@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Dear Home,
Usually, the trivial quizes come first, but this time, there's an exciting piece of news that I don't know if I can share with the entire world (I recieved the information in a personal Email), but let it be known that I'm excited about it. =)
Note from the editor (Mom) - the exciting news that Elder Robarts recieved is that his sister Ruth (and brother-in-law Tom and neice and nephew, of course) is (are) expecting a baby the end of July 2010.  Elder Robarts has mixed feelings about missing the baby's birth day - glad to be on his mission, sad to miss such an important event - but looks forward to celebrating baby's first birthday.

NOW we can talk about trivia. ^^

For those of you who thought I bought UNO cards last week, you're right! =D And boy do I love shuffling them! I've played UNO against myself (controlling either two or three hands) at least half a dozen times by now. =P

Next, the bike pedal. I assume you've all seen the pictures by now.  The reason I picked up a bike pedal and stuffed it in my pocket is not so I could feel like a regular missionary by owning at least part of a
bicycle, but rather, so I could add to my little orange reflector collection. I've been picking up reflectors off the street, even when I have to pick up the rest of the pedal also (but that's only happenedonce so far).

Lastly, the sugar cookies. I came up with the same answer that most of you did: ELDER ROBARTS PA SK. It would've been funny if it was really meant to say BRAD'S SKELETOR RAP or something, but Elder George didn't have a lot of time to write it, so he did the best he could do on short notice.

Out of time. Next time, I'll tell you about our investigators first.

By the way, it's the end of the transfer, so don't mail me anything for a while, or we'll get the same kinds of problems that we got 6 weeks ago (and have just now finished sorting out).

Love, your time-wasting but penitent missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

(( Note to Ben: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! What do you want for Christmas??? ))

No comments: