Monday, November 9, 2009

Dear Home - November 9, 2009

Dear Home,


Okay, I couldn't get you my full address last week, but this should be the missing piece 'S7K 2J4'. If that doesn't complete an address that Canada Post recognizes, I'll dubble-check my address and tell you where I think I live next week. =S

As for another piece of important information, I was supposed to submit my wishlist to you last week, but I forgot. =(

What I want most of all (in the category of physical things) is music.
They changed the rules on what music we can listen to (again). The new rules are as follows: "Listen only to music that is consistant with the sacred nature of your calling. Music should invite the Spirit, help you focus on the work, and direct your thoughts and feelings to the Savior. Do not listen to music that pulls your thoughts away from your work, merely entertains, has romantic lyrics or overtones, or dulls your spiritual sensitivity by its tempo, beat, loudness, lyrics or intensity." -White Handbook, page 25

If you have ANY music that's uplifting, I want to hear it.

To get a little more specific:

-I especially like piano music. The Hymns Collection by Paul Cardall is beautiful, but I've only heard it once.

-There's another pianist that I and my brothers know about, whose music I miss hearing.

-I have Motab Showtime, Called To Serve, and Essential (2 Disc Set), but anything else by Motab would be wonderful. ^^

-Chritmas music is probably my favorite category. There are a few Christmassy songs that I like that I'd like to have turned into a CD, but I'm not sure what all I'd like to include. Pachabel, Trans Siberian Orchestra Silver Bells, Halelujah- Handel's Messiah, and the Harry Potter theme music all make the list, but there may be more. Maybe we'll put a hold on this request. Late Christmas presents are fine. ^^

-I'd also like a CTR ring, but I don't know my ring size.

-Also, it'd be fun to have a pedometer, but it might not be really 'proper' to wear one. =S

I can't believe I took up all my time asking for stuff. I feel bad. =( I had other, far more interesting and spiritual things to talk about, too. I'll have to save those for next week, I guess.

Your sadly-out-of-time missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

PS, the weather has been amazing lately! =D Much warmer than usual with a little wind and lots of leaves on the ground. ^^ Very Pleasant. ^^

PPS - Almost forgot:

The office has requested that packages that are Christmas presents should have the word 'Christmas' marked on them. I suspect that there's going to be some kind of Christmas party later, but anyway, that's just something ya'll should know. ^^

No comments: