Monday, November 23, 2009

Dear Home - November 23,2009

Dear Home,


I don't think I have much to write about this week. The biggest thing is that the weather has been incredible (Note to Teresa: Which may be bad news for us)! There has been NO SNOW, except for that week-long fluke in October. The snow /should've/ started on Halloween, but it hasen't yet, and I'm a little worried. If it doesn't snow in the next 32 days (Sorry to panic you, Mom), I won't be able to celebrate my first white Christmas! D=

But it's not all bad news. When the weather turns bad, people stay inside, so there aren't as many people outside to talk to. =/ Luckily, Elder Grimshaw and I have a LOT of people we can stop by, talk to, see how they're doing, and ask how we can help them if we ever run out of things to do. The work is progressing at a comfortable rate. =)

Speaking of which, I would like to tell you about Megan (names have been changed), but I don't know if I should. If I change the name and don't give any other information, it should be alright, don't you think? We'll make that our poll this week, and I'll see if I tell you next week, how's that? ^^

But something I /can/ talk to you about is the number 22. (Sorry to anyone who has asked me a question that I haven't answered yet. I completely forgot about it, so now I'm getting into something trivial instead of answering your question. Try asking me again)
Where was I? Oh, yeah! 22! So...

Well, May 22 has always been my birthday, so the number 22, especially when it's preceeded by a 5, has always held some meaning for me. But now, 22 has become an even greater part of my life. See, I entered the MTC on April 22nd, so that's another reason to celebrate it, especially since missionaries here keep track of how long they've been out on their missions. That is, they count the months; starting the day they entered the MTC. So, every month, the 22nd day completes another month that I've been on my mission, so, as of yesterday, I have been on my mission for a total of 7 months.

And as for a bonus reason to like 22, less than a month after I return home, I will celebrate my 22nd birthday. I don't know what we're going to do with that, but my sisters are excellent party planners. Planning a party around missionary service and the number '22' should be a challenge worthy of their talents.

Out of time! Love you all!

Your Number-Loving Missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

PS. BONUS TRIVIA QUIZ: The mission president has recently declared that games are allowed on P-Days, so I bought a game today. But which game did I buy? =D Have Fun Guessing! ^^

3 comments:

Spencer and Jessica said...

I'm going to guess UNO!

motherof8 said...

Question #2 - That was my first thought, too.

Question#1 - I really was hoping an 'authority' would weigh in on this. I am not an authority, but I think it is ok (desirable even!) for you to tell us about the people you meet and work with. I even think real first names are ok. Or 'Brother R'. Or you can give them your own nicknames. Probably good not to publicly post too much identifying information without their permission. For your own journal, do keep names.

Miriam said...

Me too.
Uno or Phase Ten.


Of course it's ok to write about people you meet & use their real names. If you were away at college, you wouldn't make up fake names for your friends, would you?

I would say that since it is on the internet, maybe keep it to one name like mom said, but definitely be sensitive when you are sharing personal things about others.