Monday, November 16, 2009

Dear Home - November 16, 2009

Okay, everybody, I'm pretty sure I know what my address is now. Sorry to make you wait so long. I live at:

206- 535 3rd Avenue North
Saskatoon, Sakatchewan,
S7K 2J4 CANADA

If Canada Post doesn't know where that is, just send everything to the mission office. I know you all know where that is (hopefully).

In other news, Zone Conference was amazing, as usual. But this one was even better than usual because Elder Terrence C. Smith, the Area Seventy over here, had a two hour question and answer session where he taught us a LOT about the day-to-day business of living the Gospel. Basically, he told us that God's not going to ask for anything better than our best, so there's no reason to stress out about trying to be perfect, or to worry about every little mistake we've made in our lives. Sure, perfection is the ultimate goal. but God doesn't need us to acheive it in this life. That helped me out a lot.

He also spelled out something that I had suspected, but didn't know was doctrinal truth: When the spirit tells us what NOT to do, he speaks a lot louder than when he tells us what we /should/ do. That's why it's important to make sure you're really listening, but even if you're not listening as well as you could, you can still recieve warnings (if you have the gift of the Holy Ghost, that is).

By the way, I'm glad that most of the people reading this are Mormon. This must be REALLY confusing for the rest of you. =/ Sorry about that.

Wow, I JUST saw that I am completely out of time! D=

So I've got an assignment for... whoever wants to look up a good, inspirational video. In Zone Conference, the Assistants showed us a video clip called "Unleashing the Dormant Spirit". It's Elder Buche giving a lot of little inspirational pieces of advice. I want someone to find that video, write down every word Elder Buche says, and send it to me in a letter. It's REALLY good stuff.

But now I really have to go! D=

Your Late Missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

No comments: