Monday, March 14, 2011

March 14, 2011

Dear Home,

I was so busy writing to you about UNO last week (today, Elder Morse had over a hundred cards in his 'hand'/DECK near the end of the game. Elder Roth had close to 50. I had gone down to three cards, but then Elder Morse played a Victory Lap card and pretty much won the game. We didn't get to officially finish, though. Oh well.)

ANYWAY! I spent so much time talking about UNO last week that I completely forgot to tell you all about Freddie! (names have been changed) Freddie is great! He's from China. He delivers pizza, and one night, he delivered pizza to a member of the church and made a new friend. Then, that friend told him about the gospel, and Freddie is super-excited about it! He wants to be baptized by the end of the month (Just in time for General Conference!!!! I'm so excited!), so Elder Roth and I have been meeting with him almost every day, teaching him everything that a member of our church needs to know. (For example, we've taught him about tithes and fast offerings, and pretty soon we'll be showing him a tithing slip and teaching him how to fill it out.) He is GOLDEN! He's so excited about being baptized, and we're all excited for him. He's going to be a great member of the church. He invited his roommate to come to church with him, and he did! Freddie is the best!

My companion is done Emailing already. (How does he type so fast?) I should probably get going before he gets bored. Plus, we need to go grocery shopping, and I have a letter that I hope to finish writing today. Busy, busy.

Love, your not-writing-very-much missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

No comments: