Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7, 2011

Dear Home,

I currently personally own 5 UNO decks.

I used to own Zero UNO decks, then the rule changed. The rule used to be 'No Board Games! No Card Games! EVER!!!' but then the rule changed to 'You may play games on P-Days.' I promptly bought myself an UNO deck.

Then I found another one. It had been left in a missionary apartment, and I (stole) adopted it. I drew a few dots on some of the cards in one of the decks, so I could easily split that UNO deck into two regular playing card decks, good for all other games.

Several months later, I saw a Disney Princess UNO deck. ... I only bought it because it has DRAGON cards! Really!

I found a Toy Story UNO deck, and thought I'd try it out. It's pretty good, but there's no Mr Potato Head! WHY is there no Mr Potato Head?? They have Wheezy the Penguin! They have STINKY PETE, for crying out loud!!! But NO MR POTATO HEAD. They even covered Hamm TWICE! It would have been SO easy to replace any one of those with a Mr Potato Head, but nooooooo, they just couldn't let that happen, could they? They had to leave him out.

But it really doesn't matter. I'll get over it.

But anyway, the fifth deck. This is a version of UNO that I have played and loved before, with my family. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Why do I care about UNO now, while I'm on my mission? Because Elder Morse doesn't play sports. Elder Roth, my companion, isn't crazy about sports. I'm more crazy about UNO than I am about sports. Therefore, every Monday, while the other missionaries are playing basketball, Elder Morse, Elder Roth and I play UNO. We mixed the Princess Deck and the Toy Story Deck together to make one SUPER CRAZY UNO DECK. We've been having LOADS of fun! But you know what would make it even better? The fifth deck. CARS UNO!

I had to look everywhere to find a Cars UNO deck! It wasn't in Superstore. It wasn't in Walmart. But I tracked one down in a ToysRus. Yes, I went to a ToysRus on my mission. Don't judge me. I bought it last week. We were going to play with it this week, but guess what? All the missionaries in Regina went bowling instead.

Oh, well. There's always next week.

Love, your Card-Shark missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

No comments: