Monday, March 21, 2011

March 21, 2011

Dear Home,

How is it 1:45 already? Where has the time gone?

P-Day activity was great today. Since Elder Morse had gotten transferred, which is sad (but at least Elder Roth and I are both staying), we all played sports rather than UNO. Elder Felix, our new District Leader, is very good at sports. He won at Ratsmere (a dodgeball-type game in which you, personally, have to get EVERYONE out to win). It's not easy to win at that game. It usually lasts a long time, since every time someone gets knocked out, everyone that they took out go back in. It's fun. ^^

We also played Lightning, or Knockout, or whatever you want to call it, where there are two basketballs and the players take turns trying to make their shots before the person before you or behind you does. If the person ahead of you scores before you do, he passes his ball to the person behind you, but if the person behind you scores before you do, you're out, and you hand over your ball to the next player. That continues until there's only one man left standing. It's fun, too. I usually do pretty well at that game. =)

So, anyhow, Freddie is going to take his Baptismal Interview in the next few days, so tonight, Elder Roth and I are going to go over the questions with him again and make sure he's ready. He is ready, though. Super-ready. We just want to make sure. =) We're excited for him. =)

We're also excited for General Conference. This is going to be our last General Conference before we go home, so I'm anxious to see what the Prophets and Apostles will say. Hopefully, a few of them will have a few pointers on what a person should do with the rest of his life. Personally, I'm leaning towards A) getting a job, B) taking a year or two of General Education and maybe a writing class or two, while C) trying to get some good, solid career advice. I'll be attending church with my family for the first while (whether that's going to be a short while or a long while), but after a (short or long) while, I'll probably (or at least 'possibly') be switching over to a Singles Ward. Getting married is part of my long-term goals, and the first few steps involve meeting female people my age, despite how frightening as that is. It has to happen. Throwing in a little humor and perhaps an exaggeration, I'm a pretty good actor; I could probably trick some unfortunate soul into marrying me. She'd have to be blind, though. Despite the Accutane I've been taking, my complexion still isn't the best, and as we saw with the Govenator pictures, my face is way too red. And my hands turn purple when they get cold. Personally, I think that's pretty cool (I'm like a lizard!), but everyone else is worried that my hands are going to freeze off, so I keep them in gloves with handwarmers (when it's cold enough to even wear gloves, that is).

Wow, rereading that last paragraph, I've realized that I was just going off on a long string of tangents. =/ Maybe I shouldn't be a writer. If I can't keep my thoughts and words organized, how can I expect anyone to try to follow them?

I leaned back and saw a TV the size of the one in our living room. How long has that been there? o_O

Then I looked over my shoulder and saw someone doing some very complicated-looking math. I hate math.

I should probably get going. My companion is probably done by now. And I'm just rambling anyway. No one wants to read stuff like this. I'm just going to sign off now before I waste any more of your time.

I felt like I should throw in something spiritual and inspiring I learned from my scripture study. Don't be like Zoram from Alma 30. How's that?

Love, you boring missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts 

3 comments:

Miriam said...

Actually, I thought it was easy to follow, but I often have thoughts fun off into tangents, too. It's always fun to hear from you. We love you!

Miriram said...

... I meant to say "run"
I'm in a hurry, 'cause it am out of time as well. :(

motherof8 said...

I think "fun off into tangents" can be quite applicable.