Monday, March 28, 2011

March 28, 2011

Dear Home,

I'm not trunky.

Recently, Elder Brock Peery, who was serving as our District Leader until recently, went home. His parents drove up to meet him here, in Canada, and because of how the transportation worked out, my companion and I were there to meet them. Elder Roth and I had just finished an hour or two of pulling chunks of cement out of a room in a member's basement, so we were wearing jeans and T-shirts. xD That's not what missionaries normally wear! xD Unless they're doing service, that is. =)

I love doing service. ^^

I'm not trunky.

"FREDDIE" GOT BAPTIZED THIS SATURDAY!!!!

I'll attach pictures for sure. ^^ It was such a joy to be able to help Freddie accept the gospel. (I really should ask him if it's okay for me to use his real name. When I get home, I'll share really names, but since this is online.... I don't know. =S)

Anyway, that was very exciting. ^^ And it's also super exciting that General Conference is coming up! I'm SO looking forward to listening to the Lord's prophets! I wonder what they'll tell us. =)

AND! The tradition lives. -grin- My first GC in the mission was great. ^^ I was serving in Prince Albert with Elder George, Elder  Butterfield and Elder Clarine. And we had ice cream. ^^

My second GC, I was in the Oakwood area of Saskatoon with Elder Brown. We organized a Zone-Wide ice cream party. That went alright.

Third, I was with Elder Sheffield and Elder Hall in Pendygrasse Area of Saskatoon. Our apartment was a mess, but we had all the missionaries over anyway. It was kind of a pandemodious event.

This time, I'M calling the shots. This is MY Ice Cream party. We're doing it in the church's kitchen (I wonder if I can see about getting that booked). We're all going to just eat ice cream, hang out, and have a good time. None of this throwing-balls-at-each-other nonsense. None of this everybody-pitch-in-a-little stuff (I made sure I'd have enough money to just buy all the ice cream and stuff myself ((And I keep the leftovers!!! =D ))). This time, everything is going to go smoothly.

I'm looking forward to this. ^^

Love, your not-trunky missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts


No comments: