Monday, April 25, 2011

April 25, 2011 The Last P Day

Dear Home,

Today is my final P-Day on the mission field. By this time next week, I'll be home in California. WOW. Am I looking forward to it? OH, YEAH. Big time. Sure, it'll be hot in California, but I'll be with my family again! And I'll be able to ride my bike, watch movies, play video games, bounce ideas off my brother's head (until he goes on HIS mission!). It'll be great. ^^

In the meantime, Elder Roth and I have work to do. =/ The apartment has to be spotless and completely empty by the end of the day. Tonight, we'll be spending the night with the Zoneleaders, and tomorrow, after District Meeting, we'll be meeting with our apartment manager to walk-through our apartment, give an accounting of its current condition, check the mail one last time for rogue, San Franciscan packages (long story - don't ask), and hand over the keys. After that, we'll be doing some stop-bys and saying some goodbyes, followed by another sleepover at the Zoneleaders' apartment before our departure on Wednesday morning. Wednesday will be spent traveling. Regina to Winnipeg can take a while. Thursday, we'll have interviews with President Paulson, who will probably remind us what our Highest Priority is. Friday, we fly home.

I'm anxious. And a little nervous. I'm also pretty excited. I don't know what I'll do first. Sure, we'll have the picnic at the park (that will be so nice!!), but after that...? Unpack, maybe? That's not very exciting. Will there even be room for all of my junk?? @_@ Two very full suitcases, a very full backpack, and three boxes of stuff that's going to have to be sent by mail. I'm going to die. But first I'm going to spend the family fortune on postage and overweight baggage fees. THEN, I'm going to die.  Because my mom is going to kill me. x_x

Eh, it'll probably be fine. I just wish I could remember my PIN so I could check to see how much money I have available to me. If it's not enough to pay for postage and baggage fees, I'm really in trouble. It SHOULD be enough... I think. But still, it would be great if I could make sure. =/

I'm probably boring all of you to death. I'm not sure how many faithful readers I have left at this point, but I'm certainly not giving them the quality letters they deserve. Sorry about that. Maybe my blog posts will be more interesting when I get home.

Until then, this has been your weekly-reporting missionary who still, somehow, thinks he has some potential as a professional writer, Elder Andrew James Robarts.

1 comment:

Spencer and Jessica said...

Have fun on your last week in the CWM! I remember that drive very well from Regina to Winnipeg. See you when you get back and looking forward to hearing more of your stories from the greatest mission in the world!