Monday, June 17, 2013

A Quick Post Before I Go

I can't blog much today. I need to get ready and go to an LDS Employment Workshop. It starts at 9, and it'll take me at least and hour to get there. I need to get dressed and put on sunscreen and pack a lunch, or pack cash for a fast-food lunch. I'm not doing well this morning. I'm tempted to just call in sick. Anyhow, I need to get going.

But first, you need something spiritual. Hold on.

Picking up a random verse in the Book of Mormon isn't working. I've tried a couple of times now, and they've all been about death, and the wicked being put to death, and how hard it is to repent once you've been caught in a snare of sin.

Finally, a good one.

Alma 26: 27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.

That's encouraging. I hope it's true.

2 comments:

motherof8 said...

May the Force be with you, Warrior of the Lord.

Teresa said...

Thanks for the perky thought. Sure hope you feel better as the day gets on!

(Thumbs up to mom's comment, too.) :-) You CAN do this!!!