Thursday, June 20, 2013

Quick Post About Scriptures

There's a video on LDS.org called What the Scriptures Mean to Me. It's only five minutes long. I wish I could embed it, but I couldn't find it on Youtube, and I don't know how to embed videos from the player it's using. Perhaps I'll figure it out later. Until then, a link will do.

I don't always make time for effective scripture study. Yes, I read the scriptures just about every night, but I usually don't really focus on what I'm reading. I agree with the young man that spoke first in this video; the combination of prayer and scripture study is powerful. Prayer helps you set your mind on the things of God, then scripture study helps you to learn God's will. (It also helps to have your scripture study when you're not really tired.)

God loves us and wants us to do well. He knows what we need to do to be successful, and He tries to give us the guidance we need. A powerful source of that guidance is the scriptures. Through prayerful study of those inspired words, we can be led to read the messages God would share with us. I'm grateful for the scriptures and the guidance they provide, and I'm grateful for a Heavenly Father who cares enough to give us that guidance. I should definitely spend more time each day really studying the scriptures.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

Amen and amen. Me, too.