Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Blessings of the Temple

This afternoon, Mom and I are going to the temple. This is nothing new. She's goes every Wednesday and I often go with her. But this morning, as I was browsing the videos on the Mormon Channel, I thought it would be fitting to share a message about the temple, and I was blessed to find this:





In this video, Elder Russell M. Nelson and several other members share their thoughts about the temple and why it's special to them.

I think my favorite part of the video is when Elder Nelson said, "No unclean thing can enter His hallowed house. Yet anyone is welcome, who prepares well." Then we heard from a woman who couldn't enter the temple yet, but she still went to the temple, just to be near it. She said, "I always felt a sense of peace there."

I tend to feel a sense of peace there, too. I don't go to the temple as often as I should. More regular attendance would probably help to fill in the gaps where I feel that I'm lacking, especially in regards to spiritual matters such as faith and will-power. I'm not as strong as I'd like to be in some areas, and I think that going to the temple more often will make me stronger. I'm glad I'm going today.

If you haven't gone to the temple recently, think about the blessings that these members have experienced in the temple, including a sense of peace, a better relationship with your Heavenly Father, and an abundance of the Spirit, and consider whether having those blessings in your life would be worth taking the time to go. If you get the chance, I would recommend that you go soon. I highly doubt that you'll regret it.

No comments: