Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Days of Eternity

I recently said "A single grain of sand doesn't weigh much, but a pile of sandbags could weigh a ton." I was relating that to individual acts and the idea that even though a small act will only have a small impact, enough of those acts can add up to having a strong effect. I think that this principle is also true to the days of eternity.

When you think about it, eternity, as a period of time, can be split into an infinite number of 24-hour days. Each of those days happen and they each have an effect on the time-line. Days add up like individual acts do. It cannot be said that a single day doesn't matter in the perspective of eternity, because each and every day is part of that eternity and has a small, but sometimes important, effect on the rest of it.

I wasted most of this morning, I'm sorry to say, but now I'm making a conscious effort to turn that around. Today can still be a good day, and I will make it so.

Still, if one day has an impact, then half a day must account for half of that impact. Even if I spend the rest of the day doing good, I still wasted half a day, and there's no way that I can change that. Every day is important. Every hour is important. Every moment has an impact on the course of eternity. I really should try to remember that every moment I live.

No comments: