Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Scrambling for Presents


In this, I have no room to talk, unless I'm talking to myself (which I am) to remind myself to remember what matters most. Today, I'm going to be, in President Uchtdorf's words, "scrambling for presents." Actually, I'm going to be searching for and assembling parts for a present that is probably already okay, but I have ideas on how to improve it. Anyhow, I'm going to be busy today. But in my running around, hunting for treasures, I hope I don't get too distracted from the reason I'm doing this.

We make and buy each other gifts to show our love and appreciation for each other, and to remember the gifts the wise men gave to Jesus, the gifts He asks us to give Him, and all that He has given us. The giving of presents is an important part of the Christmas tradition, but it's not an end unto itself. Even though I plan on spending most of my day buying and making Christmas presents, I hope that doesn't distract me from the real meaning of Christmas.

No comments: